Yealand Conyers Parish Council

 

HomeCouncillorsMeetingsCouncil MinutesInformationAccountsNewsletterMapsPhotosEventsParish Plan

Parish Council Minutes - January 2011

 

 

 

Minutes of the Yealand Conyers Parish Meeting held on 5th Jan 2011 in the Quaker Meeting House, Yealand Conyers.

1010

Present

Cllrs Calnan, Rothwell and Mercer Clerk D. Hancock and P.C. Marsh. 

1011

Open Meeting

P.C. Marsh was invited to present his report. There had been no reported crimes. However there had been two burglaries in the Pine Lake area. Householders were advised to exercise caution in securing their properties. 

1012

Apologies

There were apologies from Cllrs Panton and Jackson. Cllr Fishwick had a prior engagement. 

1013

Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th November 2010

The minutes were approved and signed by the Chair Cllr Calnan. 

1014

Matters Arising

Christmas Tree Licence

The Parish Council now hold a licence for seasonal decorations. This will run until 2015. The Clerk will thank Mr and Mrs Redwood for providing and decorating the tree. 

Wind turbine, Dykes Lane

The turbine has been removed. 

1015

Precept 2011-2012

The Parish Council agreed to keep the precept at £1,000.This figure could be reviewed if the renovation of the war memorial exceeded the expected quote. 

1016

War Memorial  

The Clerk confirmed that the stone work behind the War memorial was in disrepair. The names of the fallen are very difficult to read. Yealand Redmayne parish Council had agreed to share the cost and we would seek to apply for a grant under the War Memorials Trust Small Grants Scheme. Grants can be awarded of up to 50% eligible costs with a maximum grant of £2,500. The Clerk was now awaiting quotes from two local stone masons.

Page 217 

1017

Best Kept Village report

The Clerk had obtained a copy of the Judges’ report. This stated that private properties in the village were generally well maintained. The railings at the school needed repainting. The turlough was full of rubbish, there were weeds around the car park and the Village Hall needed repainting. The War memorial looked a little neglected. It was agreed that the Clerk should enclose a covering letter with the next application form, stating where our responsibilities cease. We could ask John Holmes to concentrate on the neglected areas. There will be a Village Open gardens on the 2nd July 2011. This will encourage residents to continue in their efforts. 

1018

Traffic Issues

The Highways department have agreed to move the sign at the entrance of the village. The Clerk will request the ‘steep hill ‘sign on Peter Hill is corrected to face the correct direction. 

The loose stones on Dykes Lane have been removed by the Area staff. The owner has been asked to monitor the condition of the wall. If it deteriorates to the point where intervention is required, it should be repaired. 

1019

Reports from meetings

There were no reports. 

1020

Finance

A cheque for £20 was approved for petty cash.

Website © 2011 Abbey Web Services